Skip to main content

For Mankind


            
Psalm 66:5 says:  Come and see what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind!  Those words say it all about who God is to us.  He is always for us.  He has our back.  Even in the worst of circumstances we can find His goodness.
Our enemy, the devil, is the one who wants us to think that God is against us.  The reverse is true.  The devil wants to blind our eyes to what God has done and how His awesome deeds are always for mankind! 
Are you aware of how much God constantly woos you?  Do you have any concept of what He has done for you?  Do you know that He does what He does for you?
Spiritual breakthroughs happen when you get the concept that you are loved by a God who never does anything that is not based on His love for you.
I know what you are going to say.  Why did that baby get raped?  Can you think of anything worse?  What is the worst event that has happened in this world?  How many horrific things are taking place in this one moment?  There is no way we could even know.  When you think of it, we don’t even know all the bad things that have happened or are happening to our circle of friends and family.  Many people keep the worst things that happen to them a secret, and others have repressed them so deeply they don’t even remember.  God knows them.  Can you imagine what it is like to be God and be totally aware of all the sin in the whole world?  It’s more awful than I can think.  How painful!
God made this world for man and woman to rule over it.  The only way we can rule it in a beautiful way is when we yield our hearts to God and rule it for His glory.  Otherwise, we get what we have.  Another question: As awful as this world is, can you imagine this world without God’s awesome deeds for us?  We are bad enough with God’s presence in this world; what would it be like if it were man and woman and only the devil?  I don’t want to find out.  That is what hell will be like.
For this day, I am going to look for God’s awesome deeds.  I’m going to be grateful that, though my friend’s son is in intensive care fighting for his life, I can pray.  I can pray for his brain to heal the way God created it to heal.  I can support parents who are weary and worn out with worry and loss of sleep.  I can thank God that the rain is flooding our community, reversing the marks of draught.  I don’t ignore the realities so difficult that I can’t understand.  I do believe that even in the ugliest of circumstances God is working everything together for good.  He always has my back.  It could be worse.  It could be hopeless.  Even if the happy ending I seek can’t be given while I live on this earth, I know that eternity will resolve all the brokenness that seems too much to bear. 
I’m glad God has my back.  I hope you are too.
Copyright © 2015.  Deborah R Newman  teatimeforyoursoul.com  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifth Monday in Lent through Palm Sunday

Fifth Monday in Lent: Righteousness Needed Jesus is all about bringing us righteousness yet we are too worldly focused to think we have much of a need for righteousness. Most of us think we need healing or exciting miracles. We might try to get a little righteousness by going to church on Sunday and giving some spare change to a beggar. God sees the bigger picture and knows that there is nothing which we are more bankrupt than righteousness. He sees that we are totally incapable of getting the righteousness we need through our own actions, so He sent Jesus to give us His righteousness through His sacrificial work on the cross. Lent is a season of repentance and preparation for the Easter celebration. No matter how sacrificial your Lenten fast, it could never be enough to earn your righteousness. I have been practicing Lent for   years, and every year at the end of my fast I come face to face with how far I am from righteousness. Some of the first recorded words of Jesus in th

A Pilgrimage that Started with Tears

                Who would think I would shed tears deciding to set out on a wonderful journey that I have longed to take for many years?   Before I was ready to fully accept God’s invitation for a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, I had to journey to a place of agreement between what my soul wanted and what the Lord wanted for me.   For years I have been declining opportunities to travel to Israel—not because I didn’t want to go but because I wanted to go with my husband by my side.   I know that God could have arranged that for me, but instead He asked me to accept that He wanted me to be willing to go and leave everything behind.   When I was asked to make a decision about going on a Pilgrimage to Jerusalem, God gave me this verse in answer to my prayer -- Debi, observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess (Deuteronomy 11:8).   I decided through tears that I would go on

The Troubled Christian Life

              When I surrendered my vocation to God back when I was seventeen-years-old, He called me to a life of walking through the most broken realities that people face in a first-world country.  The verse that led me to this life was 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,   who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God .  I began counseling others at the ripe age of 23.  I looked like I could have still been in high school, and the patients given to me rightly had their doubts.  I had my doubts too.  I knew that I didn’t have the wisdom to counseling people double my age.  I didn’t have a lot of experience of deep wounds either so I couldn’t talk to them from my own experiences of deep brokenness.  I was only helpful to them because I relied totally on the word of God and the presence of the Holy Spirit